Welcome to the New Zealand Institute of Medical Radiation Technology (NZIMRT).
We are the professional body in New Zealand representing medical imaging technologists and radiation therapists working in Diagnostic imaging, Radiation Therapy, Nuclear Medicine, Ultrasound, Mammography, CT and MRI.
The NZIMRT is the recognised representative of the profession, both nationally and internationally. We have representatives on the International Society of Radiographers & Radiological Technicians (ISRRT), and on Advisory Committees for those Institutes offering education in the Medical Radiation Technology Sciences where applicable and the Allied Health Aotearoa New Zealand Forum (AHANZ).
The NZIMRT strives to ensure excellence in the practice of the profession by:
Ensuring professional representation in all areas pertaining to the practice of Medical Radiation Technology and Radiation Therapy.
Encouraging excellence of practice, through the sharing and seeking of knowledge, within the profession and beyond.
The Institute provides and facilitates:
- Membership of a professional body
As an NZIMRT member you have access to:
- myCPD online platform to support you every step of the way with meeting the MRTB CPD requirements
- upcoming events, both nationally and internationally
- online access to The Journal of Medical Radiation Sciences
- reduced member rates for NZIMRT annual conference and study day registration including ASMIRT annual conference registration
- Funding opportunities for CPD and research
- job vacancies
- Forums for discussing professional development and practice
- Continuing education opportunities
- Conference Awards
- Recognition of significant achievement in the fields of medical imaging and radiation therapy
- Awards for academic achievement of students training in the medical imaging and in radiation therapy
- Subscription to the “Journal of Medical Radiation Sciences” the joint journal of the New Zealand Institute of Medical Radiation Technology (NZIMRT) and The Australian Society of Medical Imaging and Radiation Therapy (ASMIRT)
- Professional Indemnity Insurance through Group Scheme