The MRTB has accredited a number of qualifications for the purpose of registration in the following scopes of practice:
Medical Imaging Technologist:
- Bachelor of Medical Imaging issued by Te Ara, Institute of Canterbury
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Medical Imaging Technology) issued by the Universal College of Learning (UCOL).
- Bachelor of Health Science (Medical Imaging) issued by the Unitec Institute of Technology (Unitec).
- Bachelor of Radiation Therapy issued by the University of Otago.
Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technologist:
- Postgraduate Diploma in Health Sciences in Magnetic Resonance Imaging issued by the University of Auckland.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Health Sciences in Ultrasound issued by the University of Auckland.
- The Postgraduate Diploma in Health Science Medical Imaging (Nuclear Medicine) issued by the University of Auckland.